With only 50mm height the Baader Steeltrack is an extremely compact focuser for Newtonian telescopes. Stability and precision are top-of-the-line.
• The drawtube is equipped with massive steel rails as counter bearing for the adjustable travelling mechanism
• The counterpart for the Crayford driving shaft is a laser-cut plate made of stainless V2A steel instead of aluminium
• A stopper screw with turnable beared pressure pad blocks unintended travel even at high load
• All joints between drawtube and outer case run steel-on-steel with ball bearings. The results is a stress-resistant focuser suitable for heavy cameras
• All steel parts and gears are designed for long-term and motorized operation. The whole focuser is much more solid than standard Crayfords whose steel/aluminium pairings wear in with the time
• Heavy 1:10 reduction gear, completely machined from V2A and hardened steel
• Essential for CCD and DSLR photography: No tilted focal planes because the whole bearing system is designed completely adjustable
Special adaptor 2” – 1,25”, BA2458151
2"-1.25" adaptor with zero mechanical length. Provides maximum backfocus. This can be very important particularly on Newtonian telescopes with their notoriously tight back focus, e.g. if you want to use eyepieces with an unusual focus position like TeleVue Nagler or Antares Speers Waler.
50mm in lowest position
2” with Anti-reflective baffling and blackened inner parts
Universal adaptor plate for Newtonians with almost any tube diameter
2” clamp with compression ring
If you have any questions please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org